Lace em up...

Lace em up...

Saturday, October 29, 2016

A baby shower, training (always training), and I'm sick...

My week (October 23 - 29) in pictures from Instagram...

October 23rd...


Baby shower fun. A lovely brunch at Sunnybrook Estates today to welcome Marisa and Peter's baby boy who is due this January. Marisa is my sister's sister. I made out like a bandit on the shower games. I won 3 prizes. The one where you guess the circumference of the mommy-to-be's stomach? I put the yarn around my own waist and won! My only consolation is that Marisa is a size 0 when she's not pregnant.

My niece and I took some silly pictures for her Snap Chat and the group shot is of the fam jam. Afterwards I had dinner at my brother's girlfriend's home. My first time meeting her and she is lovely. Macros are a touch short in all categories. It's a heavy macro day and I'm just done eating. Lights out. I've a date with Tony bright and early...


October 24th...


It was a double workout day. First I met Tony early this morning. We did legs and I squatted 125. That's the most I've done so far. He says we keep going till we reach my body weight. He's loco. I'm no lightweight that's for sure. Squats are not my favourite thing to do, but when Tony tells me to do something, I don't question him. The reason they're not my fave is because I've squat repercussions for days afterwards. I feel all badass while doing them, but I'll be sore tomorrow and the next day, and maybe the next day. I also got up to 145 on RDL's. We'll just keep going up on those too.

I had athletic therapy with Megan today and she noticed much improvement in my shoulder. The clicking has dissipated and it doesn't grind like it used to. But it is still weaker then my left side and sore at times. My strength is increasing slowly. We're starting to up the weights.

And tonight I had a good session with Brodie. I don't believe I've ever seen him without a baseball cap on. We ended our session with me doing a round of sit ups in front of the punching bag. Each time I sat up, he'd give me a boxing sequence to punch. It was fecken hard and my abs will be aching tomorrow. Macros were good today. I left 1g of carb. That's it! Same drill. Bedtime because alarm is set. Gym time shall commence in T minus 8 hours...


October 25th...


I got absolutely nothing to share today except to show you that I ate a giant bowl of smoothie for breakfast following my workout today. It was too thick to drink, so I ate it like porridge. It was pretty gross but whey protein isolate is important after strength training. And I had a good workout by myself. I did more legs, shoulders and back.

I spent a lot of time in my car again, and I can report that my ass, abs and quads are sore. I already sent thank you texts to Brodie and Tony. Tony says that tomorrow we're going to do a heavy ab workout. I'm hoping he forgets because sometimes he does. But I likely just screwed myself because he follows me on here (Instagram). My abs are not in good shape today, so I'm not looking forward to it.

Tony and Brodie are in cahoots. All I hear from both of them is how I need to strengthen my core and upper body. You'd think I was going to be a professional boxer or something. I'm relying on my fancy footwork and cardio to get me through. Except, I'm not graceful and I'd look pretty stupid running around the boxing ring. So I do what my trainers tell me to. And with as little eye rolling as possible. Because that just makes workouts harder. Trust me. I know. Time to wind down. An early morning session with Tony and a late evening workout with Brodie to look forward to...


October 26th...


I'm tired and sore. And today was fecken cold. I got to wear my much loved leather biker jacket though. I just finished my second workout and drank my protein. You wanna know what's more gag worthy than fat free cottage cheese? Unflavoured protein. Who's the tool that bought that? I did.

did upper body with Tony this morning. He forgot about the ab workout. But Brodie made me do another round of abs and I hate him right now. Good overall workout tonight though. Lots of 1-2 jabs, which I hate, but it is the most used punch. My arms are sore, my wrists and hands are sore, my body is sore. But it hurts so good. I've a massage with Mark booked later tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to that (even though it will hurt), but first I sleep, then I go to the gym. Good eating day. Perfect macros all around...


October 27th...


I hate to admit defeat, but I'm sick. All week I've been denying what I knew was coming and it's here. That tickle in the back of my throat is a hacking cough. I still got up this morning and went to the gym, but my energy was way down. I struggled through an hour of strength training. I did have a massage with Mark later in the morning, but that wasn't relaxing. His massages never are. It amazes me that I pay him to torture me. It needs to be done though.

As the day went on I felt worse and worse. I feel like I just need to sleep. Here it is 730pm and I'm probably going to bed. I wanted to leave 800 calories and a bunch of macros unaccounted for, but I managed to eat them in rice cakes, peanut butter and protein powder. Only 1g of carb left. I should be going to the gym in the morning but I'll see how I feel at 5am. I've a very busy and late work day tomorrow...


October 29th...


I am alive and kicking. Thank you for the get well wishes. I didn't work out yesterday. I just needed to rest. But I worked a full day. I had little appetite and found myself having to consume almost 700 calories at 8pm. If I wasn't going to the gym this morning, I would have left them. But I persevered and ate them all knowing I'd need the energy to workout.

I got up at 6am to get my workout in as soon as the gym opened at 7. The good news is I had a good solid hour workout. The other good news is that my appetite is back in full force. And I'm thirsty. I'm drinking tons of water. I was going to get wine for my heavy macro day tomorrow, but I really want something bready. So I'm opting for a grilled chicken wrap from Harvey's instead. The only thing that sucks is I can't taste anything so the wine would be a waste anyway. I crave the texture of the wrap over the taste. I'm also a touch sleepy so maybe I'll nap. Julien's with his dad getting pumpkins. I've got some time. I can't remember the last time I napped. Happy Saturday all...