Lace em up...

Lace em up...

Sunday, October 23, 2016

A good macro week, a chaotic work week and my body is tired...

My week (October 17 - 22) in pictures from Instagram...

October 17th...


My favourite time of day has arrived. Second workout is done and I get my rice cake with peanut butter. I also ate a cup of egg whites. But the rice cake is what I look forward to. Had a good early morning workout earlier by myself and an awesome one on one with Brodie tonight. He ended my workout by telling me to do 40 1-2 punches. Then he said, "now do a hundred". Well fuck me that was not easy. Then he says that the most anyone has done is 200 and he thinks I can do that. Guess what I'm likely doing on Wednesday evening? Macros have been on point the past 2 days. Yesterday I only left 1g of protein, and today I leave 1g of carb and 1g of fat. Bedtime for this girl. I've a date with Tony in the morning.



October 18th...


What the? Wearing the summer frock I bought from Joe Fresh last month for $6.99 in the middle of October? I didn't think this dress would see the light of day till next spring. But here I was, dressed like it was summer while waiting for my yearly physical with Dr. Pitt. It's always fun to hang with Dr Pitt. He's known me since I was an infant and has my entire lifelong struggle with obesity documented. Today he asked how long I've maintained my weight loss and was surprised when I said it would be 4 years this December. He asked if I found maintenance easy and I told him the honest to God truth. It's the hardest and most time consuming thing I've ever done. Losing 140 pounds was the easy part.

That being said, keeping the weight off has just become my way of life. And the best way to keep moving forward is to always set new goals for myself. Boxing is my thing now and getting licensed means I might actually fight one day. In an attempt to NOT get the snot punched out of me by a strong hulking woman, I'm dropping as much fat as I can over the next year to fall into a different weight class. It's just less scary that way. Dr Pitt also mentioned that I had a nice and slow athletic resting heart rate. It was 45 bpm. That's the lowest it's ever been.

This morning I had an awesome leg workout with Tony. He came to work me out right after he left his workout with his trainer. Yep. My trainer has a trainer. I've seen Roger when Tony was on vacation and he's fecken tough. That's why Tony trains with him. I did the exact same workout Tony did this morning. Squats at the bar, RDL's, split squats, back extensions and single leg bridges. It might not sound like a lot but my legs were toast by the end. And Tony, who's not much of a praiser, told me my squats were the best I've ever done. I'm going to feel the ache tomorrow. Macros were good today. Only 2g of protein left and 1g of carb. Early gym tomorrow. Gotta be in the T-Dot for a 930am meeting.



October 19th...


I am exhausted. I was up at 4am and got to the gym by 4:45. I was back in my car and heading home by 5:53. I ate, showered, packed my food for the day and headed to Toronto for my 9:30 meeting, which I made on time. I did some paperwork after my 3 hour meeting and took some time to admire and photograph my new suede boots. I was back in Hamilton for 3:30 to pick Julien up from school.

He played soccer in the school yard for half an hour, then we went to my athletic therapy appointment where Megan did more deep tissue massage on my shoulder. It wasn't fun. After that we went to Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up a couple prescriptions then we went home and I made dinner. After dinner was home work and agenda stuff for school. Then at 7, we left the house to go to the boxing gym where I did a one on one with Brodie. When I got home I ate, made Julien's lunch and packed his school bag.

Alarm is set for 5:30am. I'm seeing Tony in the morning at 7am before spending the entire day and evening in my car. Hamilton to Richmond Hill to Ajax to Richmond Hill to Listowel to Hamilton. That's probably over 600k right there and that's what I'm doing tomorrow. One of my biggest pet peeves? Being told that eating healthy and having an active lifestyle is too time consuming. We're all busy but I make time for what's important to me. This is why goal setting is something that is crucial. It keeps me focused and driven. Good night...



October 20th...


It's 6:30pm and I'm sitting in the Cambridge ONroute eating the tuna, cucumber and tomato salad I packet for myself. I've still not made it to Listowel. I reckon I won't get home till 10pm. I've been in my car since 9:30 this morning. I'm fucked and this selfie reflects my mood. Miserable. But it's not all negative. I had an awesome workout with Tony this morning and did plank/crunch/plank/push up on the TRX this morning. Three sets of 10 reps. Didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I surprised myself. I also did pikes. Holding my own body weight is no joke yo! I'm no light weight. I bid you all a lovely evening. I've still got a few more hours in my car before I get home. Getting up in the morning for the gym will be a treat.



October 21st...


You wanna know what would be better in my glass than sparkling water? Wine. But alas, my macros would not allow it. Sunday. Sunday is when I shall have wine. I'll be going to a baby shower with my sister and step-niece. And Sunday is my heavy carb day.

This morning I could not get out of bed when my alarm went off. So I didn't go to the gym. That means I don't rest on Sunday anymore. I go to the gym bright and early. I felt exhausted today, my body was sore and my shoulder has been particularly achy. I think it's the weather. It's been raining here for the past 2 days and the damp has not been good for my injuries (hamstring and shoulder) or my hair. And I've had a headache for 2 days as well. It's cleared up and tomorrow's supposed to be sunny and cold. Perfect fall weather.

Today I wore my Levis 501 jeans with a tucked in shirt and a belt. I've not worn a tucked in shirt in ages. But I was feeling brave and confident. And it looked a touch western which went along with my new boots. Macros have been pretty damn good this week. Only a gram off here and there. Thank God it's the weekend. This week has been particularly busy and chaotic. Tomorrow will be hectic too. I'm not going anywhere except for the gym, but Julien's very rambunctious friend is coming over for the day. Maybe I should switch tomorrow to be my heavy carb day...



October 22nd...


These photos are 5 months apart but the way I looked on the left was how I looked when I started counting macros and on line training with Macfitness on September 1st. That was me at my starting weight. I tried to recreate the same pose and line the photos up the best I could. I think the right one is slightly smaller. Regardless, I can definitely see a difference in my mid section. That's what stands out to me the most. And that's where people in my everyday life say they notice the biggest change in me. My middle and my face. It's helpful for me to see comparisons because I know all the time, effort and organising I'm putting into workouts and meal planning is working. Not sure what you're all up to today, but I'm headed to the gym right about now. Then I've got chickens to roast and veggies to prep. Oh yeah. And I've got a couple nine year old boys to police. All day long...


October 22nd...


So this is how today went down. I put in 80 minutes at the gym because there was an available treadmill. If there is an open treadmill, I have to do HIIT. If there isn't, I just warm up for 10 mins and have a quicker workout. I've not gotten a treadmill only a few times. I do the majority of my workout in front of the crossfit gym. I watch them with wonderment, awe and think they're a little bit nuts. But that's mostly envy talking. The things those crazies can do! Makes me anxious and I can't help but notice that they have very little body fat. Their workouts last about an hour and they eat during. That's fucking hardcore! 

After the gym I ate, showered, watched the boys run amuck while I calmly sipped on my sparkling water and roasted a couple chickens. Then my brother texted me and asked me to have dinner tomorrow with him, his girlfriend that I've never met and my dad. So I said I'd come by after going to the baby shower with my sister and step-niece. 

This threw the rest of my day into a tailspin. This meant I had to enlist the help of Julien's dad to watch the boys while I went grocery shopping. I have to do my Sunday chores today. Groceries are done, food prep is done, laundry is started and my macros were perfect. Perfect yes, but at a price. Mashed turnip is gag worthy, but I choked it down. Note to self; turnip is awesome in stew, but not on its own. That is all. Alarm is set for 6am. Gym before all else...