Lace em up...

Lace em up...

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Thanksgiving, setting a couple PR's and a very special anniversary...

My week (October 8 - 16) in pictures from Instagram...

October 8th...


Sweater weather has come to southern Ontario. Today I contemplate my eating game. Julien and I are going to have Thanksgiving dinner with my family today. I love turkey and today is my heavy macro day. After breakfast and lunch I've still got 145g of protein left. I've a feeling I'll not have a problem meeting my protein goal today. I'm bringing my scale to my dad's house. Even though it's a holiday, I'm counting macros. I'm bringing tossed salad and wine. I'm a liar. I said I'd not have wine again till Halloween. I'm having some today. That will be my indulgence. That and the turkey of course. Today I took a rest day from the gym. Tomorrow will be my 8th workout this week. Then it starts all over again on Monday. I'm meeting Tony at 7am on Thanksgiving Day. Julien's spending the day with his dad's family so I've got a day to myself which will include meal prep, laundry and training 😆 Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends 🍗🍷🍗🍷



October 10...


I'm feeling pretty badass right now. Met Tony at 7 this am on a holiday Monday and had my best leg day to date. I was in the zone. Last week I trapped 205, today I did 225. I'm tied with his other female client for the most weight on trap bar right now. I had no idea we were in competition, but it is on! I also squatted 105 which is 35 pounds more than I did last week. And my sumo squats with the 53 pound kettlebell were on point today. I struggled getting low enough last week. I do them on boxes so the kettlebell can dip lower than the boxes I stand on. I also did single leg squats on the TRX. My legs are weary. Trap bar and squats at the bar took up 40 minutes of my workout alone. And someone once asked me what shoes I wear for lifting. I wear no shoes (photo bottom left). Tony likes to see if I'm lifting from my heels like I should be.

This weekend was a busy one. Saturday Julien and I had dinner with my family. Although I had intended to weigh everything I ate, I did not. I ate turkey, salad, asparagus and lots of raw veggies from a veggie tray I brought. I also drank a couple glasses of wine. Yesterday was business as usual. Julien and I went to Wonderland for the last time this year. It was cold! Today I weighed myself, but I still need to take my pics and measurements for my coach. My weight has stayed exactly the same. I sense that my macros are going to be switched up! Julien's with his dad's family today. I get to do laundry and meal prep for the week. Fun times. Enjoy your turkey if you're celebrating today. And congratulations to our boys in blue!!!!


October 10...


What to do when you have 6 carbs left and no fat and no protein? Why you eat a jujube fish! One fish has 5g of carbs, zero fat, zero protein. Some nights I get 2; today I only get the one. Chicken breast, squash, zucchini and eggplant are all done! And laundry is complete. Off to bed shortly. I'm solo at the gym bright and early. Tomorrow is a very special day. Stay tuned to see what's up! Good night friends.


October 11...



It's #TransformationTuesday, but more importantly it's the anniversary of the happiest day of my life. My peanut is nine today! We've both transformed over the years and my baby has grown into a beautiful boy with a caring and loving heart. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful child. I'm picking him up from school today and we're going out for a birthday dinner. Who's gonna be the loser at Tucker's Marketplace with their food scale? That will be me...


October 11...


Another double workout day in the books. And if I was really smart, I would have better planned out my vacation day today. Made the decision to take one at 5am this morning. Would have made more sense to not have set my alarm and gotten up for the gym so early just to decide that I'd have coffee instead and go to the gym after Julien went to school. C'est la vie. And I wore my Around the Bay race shirt this morning and began feeling all nostalgic. Like I should train for and run that race this spring. That's just fecken crazy. Only one sport at a time. After I've hung up my boxing gloves, I will run again.

The best part about fall? Tall boots, leggings and sweaters. Julien and I went to Tucker's Marketplace for his birthday dinner. I counted everything and ended up short on my macros. Protein and carbs. I don't believe. There's gotta be something I'm forgetting about. Either way I'm done eating today and I'm leaving 200 calories unaccounted for. After my one on one with Brodie tonight, the last thing I want to do is eat. Punching hard on a full stomach is no joke yo! Alarm is set for 5:30. Gotta hit the gym before heading out to Listowel tomorrow morning.


October 12...


Who knew boyfriend jeans were so comfy? I bought these size 10 jeans at Joe Fresh a month ago. They were tight in the legs and bum area but huge in the waist. Story of my life. They didn't exactly fit like they should, but today, they are baggy. So I compared my leg measurements between when I started counting macros to now and my upper thighs have gone down 1.5 inches each. Now my boyfriend jeans fit like man pants should and make me look like I have no bum. Just what I've always dreamt of.

This morning I was solo at my satellite gym. I'm not sure what that means. I've 3 gyms I go to. I suppose the satellite gym is the one I go to alone. I spent a good 15 minutes trying to avoid my former yoga instructor. Every time she sees me she asks when I'm coming back to class and the guilt sets in. I need yoga. I need better flexibility. But when? When would I take this magical class? I'd have to give up a day of strength and a day of boxing and I can't do that right now. So I keep hiding. She's quick on her feet though. Avoiding her could be a workout all on its own. My gym is not that big. Chicken breast for dinner, then I go punch the snot outta Brodie...


October 13...


There's three things I like about this photo. I'm wearing skinny jeans (Levis 311) that fit me like a glove and I like how my legs look in them. I'm wearing awesome boots that fit perfectly around my calves and they make my legs look long. And I've got a badass pose. What I didn't like was my facial expression so I cropped my head off!

In the time span of 12 hours, I got three separate compliments at the gym. That speaks to how much time I spend at the gym that only 12 hours pass between visits. The first was Wednesday night while I was training with Brodie. He told me he could really notice that I've trimmed down in my oblique area. Then to help me out with keeping that area toned, he had me throw tons of hooks and uppercuts. And I ended the workout with 70 one-two jabs. That's 140 punches in a row. Awesome workout and my hands and wrists were sore.

Then when I got to the gym this morning, a woman I've spoken to before in passing told me I was shrinking. She said she could really notice a difference in my appearance over the past month. While I was training with Tony, a woman I've never spoken to before came over and told Tony that she's been watching me and has noticed a difference in my strength and physique. Such nice compliments that really motivated me to work hard and plan my eating out well today. Macros were on point. When others notice changes, it inspires me to keep going forward. Tony told me not to get a big head. That he still thinks I'm ugly. I really love him. It's bedtime. Five o'clock alarm. The gym needs me...


October 14...


This morning I thought I'd post a most unflattering photo I could take of myself. My arm looks like I pump iron on the regular. It doesn't look like that in real life. I'm getting deep tissue massage by Megan, my athletic therapist. Sometimes she makes me fall asleep on that table. Not today. That fecken hurt! And you wanna know when the best time to go to the gym is? On the days you don't wanna go. That was me this morning. It was so cold and I felt sorry for myself as I drove there on deserted streets. But I had an awesome workout. Once I'm there I work hard. Getting there is the biggest struggle. One more gym day then I get a rest day along with a heavy carb day. Something to look forward to this weekend. Happy Friday y'all!!!!


October 16...


Good morning friends! Today is my rest day from all of my gyms. I completed 8 workouts this week and although I need to rest, I feel like I shoulda gone to the gym this morning. Today was also supposed to be my heavy macro day, but I ended up making that yesterday because a girlfriend invited me out for drinks and you know, red wine. I had a great chat with my online coach Shaun on Friday. Although I didn't drop any weight in my last check in, he's keeping my macros the same for now.

And I brought up the red wine. When you scan the bar code of my fave wine on My Fitness Pal, it says it has 3.5 carbs for 5oz and is 120 calories. Shaun said that's wrong. The macros have to add up to the calories. And he's right. There are 4 calories in 1 gram of carb. So you have to divide the calories by 4 and that's your carb count. That's 30 carbs per 5oz of wine. Starting now wine is only allowed on my high carb day. So all the alcohol entries I've found on My Fitness Pal are incorrect. And I've been counting wine wrong. Until last night. I had 40+ extra carbs to work with so I worked in a couple glasses. My girlfriend and I ended up at Turtle Jacks in Burlington. Her cousin joined us and they enjoyed half price appetizers. I was happy just to have the wine with shrimp and mixed veggies. Today is shopping, meal prep and laundry. Gotta get ready for the week ahead. I've another 8 workouts scheduled. Very early mornings every day...